There are tons of materials that you can use for your new roof. Each has its own pros and cons to discover before purchase and installation. One of the materials is EPDM. Although it isn’t as common as some of the other roofing materials, the reason for that is because it is still relatively new. All new technology takes time to catch on. It is nice to be one of the first to utilize a technology, and as great as EPDM is, there’s no reason to miss out on it at your own home any longer. What are the benefits of EPDM? There’s plenty, including:
- Low cost EPDM roofing installation. Compare the rates between a few companies to get the best price for the roof itself and the costs of installation, too
- EPDM roofing is resistant to weather so it sustains many different elements that threaten other roofing materials
- Resistant to heat and fire
- Isn’t affected by UV radiation
- Resistant to wind
- Great in cold climates; added efficiency
- Great for residential and commercial use
There are many options in EPDM roofing to accommodate the needs of all homeowners. Talk to a professional to discover the options that you have available. They’ll happily show you all the options and help you pick something that meets your needs.
What about the costs you wonder? It is only expected that a homeowner inquire of costs of a roof before they buy. Money doesn’t grow on trees, after all. EPDM roofing averages a cost of $35- $90 per square foot. Several factors determine the rates that you will pay, including the thickness of the roof, the place of purchase, and the time of the year purchase. Also account for costs of installing the roof onto your home or business.